Tuesday, May 24, 2011

4 Years

Dear Penelope,

You never cease to amaze me.  You challenge me and open my heart & mind in ways I never imagined.  Somehow after 4 years, we still haven't figured out how to best help you go to sleep at night.  I wish I could get inside of your little mind, so I could better help you.  Sometimes we talk about things we might want to dream about.  Happy things.  Tonight when you were going to bed, you told Daddy and me that you wanted to dream about all of our friends and family from Colorado, Missouri and California getting together...and playing Ring Around the Rosy, even  the dogs (especially Darla, Wendy & Mike's dog).  I hope I always stop and smell the roses with you even when I have loads of stuff to do.  I love seeing the world through your eyes.  And while you and Amelia fight like siblings do, you can be very loving and patient with her.  She adores you.  Raising you makes me want to be a better person.  I love you.

Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Aww I love this letter!! It's totally you speaking from your heart... Penelope and Amelia are lucky to have YOU to be their mommy. xoxo Heather

    ReplyDelete