Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Time Flies

I'm been wanting to write a new post for a long time, but struggling to find the will to do so.  It reminds me of being  apart from a really good friend for a while - the longer it's been, the more you have to say, yet the harder it is (for me at least) to pick up the phone and make the call.  Once you finally do, you both are so glad and you can catch up and reconnect without skipping a beat.

Where has the time gone?  Jiffer and I were discussing our future (this summer in particular) and realized last night that we only have 4 more months until our current lease is up.  That will mark 2 years of being in California.  Whoa.  How did that happen?  It's a bizarre thing, because so there were so many times last year where time seemed to creep by at a snail's pace, but lately it all seems like a blur.
_________________________________________

We had a great time over the holiday break.  Visited friends and family in Colorado and Missouri.  Always a challenge to see so many people and have quality time them, but we keep on trying.  One of the highlights of our trip was seeing Penelope learn how to ski.  She had a great time and little or no fear.  She was so proud being able to ride the chair because she could now turn and stop.


 

Jiffer's been super busy this quarter with school and travel.  He's learning a lot and enjoying the work, but just wishes there were more hours in the day.

My best excuse for the lack of blogging is my school.  I started classes at a Fashion Design school at Apparel Arts in San Francisco in the fall and have been extremely busy doing that on top of being a mom, wife and dog owner.  I've said many days how I should probably quit because it's so time consuming.  But every time I drive to the city and get there, I change my mind.  I love San Francisco.  It's such an amazing city.  And I've hardly scratched the surface.

I'll finish here with a few pictures from the last couple of months...



 China Beach in SF



 Golden Gate Bridge
 Santa Cruz Boardwalk

 Bay Bridge



No comments:

Post a Comment