Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ask and you shall receive

A couple of months ago I got some great advice from my mother-in-law and father-in-law. I was complaining about not having a dishwasher for the one millionth time, and said that I was finally going to buy one. We had a 15 year old non-functioning one in our rental house with a stained counter top. I just assumed that my landlords would not buy one because they were aware that the old one (that a previous tenant put in) didn't work and they didn't seem to care. But Jeff and Diane suggested I ask...because after all, it never hurts to ask, right? I hemmed and hawed about sending an email to my landlords (why I don't know), but I finally did. I got an immediate and very positive response from them. A week later, I had a brand new dishwasher! It's amazing how having a dishwasher improves your quality of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment